KATADATA - Ministry of National Development Planning/National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) is planning to evaluate “Sea Toll” program next year. Director of Transportation of Bappenas Bambang Prihartono said in Jakarta on Friday (1/22) that the evaluation will be carried out by his agency in cooperation with the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
“Bappenas and ADB will evaluate the sea toll program which is currently in progress,” he said. The first phase of the evaluation will be carried out on six toll routes. The evaluation module is currently being prepared by the two institutions to ease its application to other toll routes.
The main indicator of the evaluation is the price disparity of goods after the presence of sea tolls which is in line with the government’s target to cut logistics cost from 27 percent to 20 percent by 2019. Other performance and achievement indicators include how the subsidy is allocated, route development, the traditional shipping condition and other inputs as well.
The following is a list of sea tolls that will be evaluated by Bappenas and ADB during the first phase of evaluation.
- Tanjung Priok (DKI Jakarta) – Biak (Papua) – Serui (Papua) – Nabire (Papua) – Wasior (West Papua) – Manokwari (West Papua) – Wasior – Nabire – Serui – Biak – Tanjung Priok.
- Tanjung Priok – Ternate (North Moluccas) – Tobelo (North Moluccas) – Babang (North Moluccas) – Tobelo – Ternate – Tanjung Priok.
- Tanjung Priok – Kijang (Riau Islands) – Natuna (Riau Islands) – Kijang – Tanjung Priok.
- Tanjung Perak (East Java) – Tual (Moluccas) – Fakfak (West Papua) – Kaimana (Papua) – Timika (Papua) – Kaimana – Fak-Fak – Tual – Tanjung Perak.
- Tanjung Perak – Saumlaki (Moluccas) – Dobo (Moluccas) – Merauke (Papua) – Dobo – Saumlaki – Tanjung Perak.
- Tanjung Perak – Reo (East Nusa Tenggara/NTT) – Maumere (NTT) – Lewoleba (NTT) – Rote (NTT) – Sabu (NTT) – Waingapu (NTT) – Sabu – Rote – Lewoleba – Maumere – Reo – Tanjung Perak